Science/Lab Technician - Immediate Start
Science/Lab Technician Required ASAP
An East Northants Academy are looking for a Science Technician for their secondary students. This is a full time temporary position to start ASAP and run till the end of term.
The successful applicants for Science Technician jobs should already have:
- A strong knowledge of science and a genuine interest in the subject.
- A qualification in any area of science.
- Previous experience of working in a school laboratory for referencing purposes.
- A patient approach towards working with children and adults alike.
- The willingness to learn and train on the job.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work as part of a team of technicians, and a professional attitude.
You would be providing a practical service to the staff and pupils of the school and responsibilities would include:
- Cleaning, storing and accounting for all equipment and stock including chemicals
-Undertaking of safety checks and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Ensuring chemical and biological waste is disposed of correctly
- Maintaining filing systems and correct paperwork for stock orders and keeping the department tidy
To apply for this job please call 01604 646333 quoting job number HQ00086751Apply for this job Email to me or a friend