Job Role: Payroll & Pensions Officer
Contract Type: Temporary (has the option to be permanent)
Hours of work: Flexible, 3 days per week
Salary: £20 - £25K FTE
Contact: Sarah Morgan
Job purpose & Responsibilities:
- To deliver accurate and timely in-house payroll in accordance with statutory regulations and ensure accurate data entry and statistical reporting in accordance with Wellingborough school.
- To provide a high quality service to individuals (managers and employees) and to contribute to the long term development of the HR function ensuring a consistently high level of customer care is provided to all individuals and people who use the HR Service.
- To provide an effective and efficient output of work to meet the demands made of the role, and to assist in all aspects of the work undertaken by the Human Resources Department with regard to payroll and pensions function.
- To arrange the payment of staff salaries through the payroll system. This will involve the collation and input of all relevant information for the monthly payroll (including new starters, leavers, benefits, contract changes, sickness absence payments, maternity and paternity pay).
- Completion of all payroll and pension calculations including reconciliation.
- To administer the statutory schemes, such as Sick Pay (SSP), Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Paternity Pay, Pension schemes etc.
- To provide written notification to all staff of any changes in pay including contract changes and pay awards.
- Responsible for upload and production of payslips, P60's and P45 documents.
- Complete P11D process with submission to HMRC/finance and production of forms for distribution to relevant employees.
- To provide advice to staff and managers in relation to pay, salary guidelines, taxation and National Insurance. Supply relevant contact details for further advice (Tax office).
- Respond to any payroll and pension queries in a timely manner.
- To ensure manual and electronic records are accurately maintained and updated regularly in line with data protection.
- To assist in the administration of benefits schemes such as the pension, childcare voucher schemes, cycle to work etc.
- Update School auto-enrolment pension provider as required and carry out monthly assessment of workers.
- Oversee and monitor sickness and other absences records are updated, highlighting to the HR department when sick pay is about to be exhausted. Communicate with employees who fall into this category.
- Ensure payroll for sickness is administered accurately within contracts of employment, school policy and statutory guidelines.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE qualifications. Minimum grade C or equivalent and must include Maths and English
- Relevant qualification in payroll, finance, accounting (Preferably CIPP)
- Experience and proficiency in the use of databases and payroll software
- Computer literacy (MS Office, including word, excel, e-mail etc.)
- Previous/current experience of payroll processes
- Previous/current experience of working within an administration role
- An ability to see ways that processes can be improved through the use of technology
Working with Coba Education will guarantee:
- Your own personal and supportive consultant who will actively seek suitable roles on your behalf and be on hand for advice and guidance 24/7
- Career opportunities to meet your own personal requirements
- £100 voucher of your choice when you recommend a friend (subject to T&Cs)
- Introduction to schools and arrangement of bookings on your behalf
Coba is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all candidates applying must undertake or have undertaken an enhanced disclosure via the DBS, provide relevant qualification and supply details of references from the 2 most current employers.
For further information or to register your interest please email Sarah - email@example.com or call 01604 646 333.
To apply for this job please call 01604 646333 quoting job number HQ00103542Apply for this job Email to me or a friend